Poonam’s Day Out
Poonam looked up. She saw many animals on the tree. Which animals can you spot on the tree in the picture? Write down their names.
Pigeon, Squirrel, Crow, Monkey, Butterflies, Sparrow, Cuckoo, Ants and Parrot.
Which animals did Poonam see at the pond? Look at the picture and write their names.
Goat, Tortoise, Crane, Buffalos, Frogs, Stork.
Can you act like the animals seen at the pond? Which animal makes what kind of sounds and movements? Try to make similar sounds.
Yes, I can act like the animals seen at the pond.
Here are the sounds made by the given animals:
- Goat – Mein-mein
- Buffalos – Grunts
- Frog – Croak-croak
You must have seen many animals too. Write which of them
can fly : parrot, crow, sparrow
can crawl : lizard, turtle, crocodile
can walk : horse, buffalo, cow
can hop : frog, kangaroo, rabbit
have wings : eagle, parrot, sparrow
have feet : ox, cow, bear
have a tail : monkey, cow, buffalo
Here are some incomplete pictures of animals. Complete them and write their names below.
Dog, Fish, Butterfly
Find my name in the crossword and put a circle around it. One example has been given.
1. Banana is what I love eating, I spend my time jumping and leaping. – Monkey
2. On the walls, webs I weave, Where insects stick and cannot leave. – Spider
3. I remain awake the whole night, And go to sleep in broad daylight. – Owl
4. Croak, croak, croak is my sound, In water or on land I am found. – Frog
5. I appear after rainfall, Have no feet so I crawl. – Snail
6. Slow and steady is my pace, I always win when there is a race. – Tortoise
Spend some time under a tree. Observe the animals carefully. Name the animals which can be seen
on the branches: sparrow, monkey, crow
on the leaves: grasshopper, beetle, caterpillar
on the trunk: squirrel, termites, ants
on the ground: rat, rabbit, hare
around the tree: cow, buffalo, goat
Now arrange these animals in the order of their size — smallest being the first.
1. Termites 2. Ants 3. Beetle
4. Caterpillar 5. Grasshopper 6. Sparrow
7. Crow 8. Rat 9. Squirrel
10. Hare 11. Rabbit 12. Monkey
13. Goat 14. Cow 15. Buffalo