READING IS FUN
Where did the child find the sea shell?
The child found the sea shell lying on the sand.
What did the child do with the shell?
The child picked it and took it to his home in his hand.
What did the child hear?
The child heard a sweet, soft and clear song.
Pick the rhyming words from this box and pair them in the spaces below. The first one has been done for you.
Found – Sound
Cold – bold
Took – Look
Mummy – Tummy
Sand – Hand
Fill in the blanks with the opposite word choosing from the box below. The first one is done for you.
Found – Lost
Took – Gave
Hard – Soft
Big – Small
Inside – Outside
Came – Went
Pick – Drop
Cold – Hot
True – False
Sweet – Bitter
Curly – Straight
Tall – Short
The Sea is Big
The sea is big.
It is very, very big.
You cannot see the other side of the sea.
You can cross the sea in a ship
But you must go for many, many days.
Choose the right words.
1. The sea is very, very ___________________ (big/far).
2. You cannot ___________________ (hear/see) the other side.
3. You ___________________ (can/cannot) cross the sea.
4. You can cross it in a ___________________ (bus/ship).
1. The sea is very, very big (big/far).
2. You cannot see (hear/see) the other side.
3. You can (can/cannot) cross the sea.
4. You can cross it in a ship (bus/ship).
Match the phrases with the picture.