Little Fish Story
READING IS FUN
How many fish are there in the sea?
There are a great many million fish in the seas.
Why was the little fish unhappy?
The little fish was unhappy because he was so very small.
What happened to the fish one day?
One day, the fish got trapped in a big net while he was swimming in the sea with his friends.
Why was the fish thankful to be a little fish?
The fish was thankful to be a little fish because he could escape from that net just because he was small.
Imagine you are a little fish. Describe what you might see around you.
There’s water everywhere. I can see colourful plants floating around me. I have lots of colourful fish friends. There are big fish too. I try to be away from the ones who might eat me!
Sometimes, I see a couple of people around me. They just come, swim in the water and leave. I am very little so everything seems so big to me.
Look at the pattern and fill in the blanks.
Look – Looked
Talk – Talked
Pick – Picked
Wish – Wished
Bark – Barked
Pull – Pulled
Want – Wanted
Help – Helped
Fill in the blanks with the right word from the box.
a glass of water a bunch of flowers
a box of matches a herd of cows
a sheet of paper a pack of wolves
Look at the following sentence.
If I were only larger, how much happier I could be.
Make more sentences like this using the words in the box.
1. If I were only taller, how much happier I could be.
2. If I were only thinner, how much happier I could be.
3. If I were only smaller, how much happier I could be.
4. If I were only cleverer, how much happier I could be.
5. If I were only younger, how much happier I could be.
6. If I were only older, how much happier I could be.
The student needs to say the given words aloud so as to understand its pronunciation.
Choose the right words.
1. Mahesh sings a __________ (long/little) song.
2. Venkatesh __________ (looks/shouts) at him.
3. Venkatesh thinks Mahesh is __________ (crying/laughing).
4. Mahesh is __________ (singing/saying) a song.
5. The song is in __________ (Telugu/English).
1. Mahesh sings a little (long/little) song.
2. Venkatesh looks at him.
3. Venkatesh thinks Mahesh is crying.
4. Mahesh is singing a song.
5. The song is in English.