The Magic Garden
READING IS FUN
Why did the flowers love the little children?
The flowers loved the children because the little children used to take care of them. They used to water their thirsty roots and dig the ground well.
Why did the birds love the children?
The birds loved the children because the children used to bring bread for them.
Name five flowers growing in the magic garden.
Sunflowers, Marigolds, Pansies, Poppies and Roses.
What sounds could the children hear in the garden?
The children could hear the fairies sing songs in the garden.
- I like roses
- Most roses are red.
- Some are white.
- Some are yellow.
- Are there blue roses?
- I have not seen any blue roses!
- Which one is your favourite flower? Learn its name in English.
My favourite flower is Rose.
The student needs to say the given words aloud so as to understand its pronunciation.
Activity: Make a flower scrap-book.
The student has to do as directed.
Name two words in each petal which you see in a garden.
Imagine you have a big garden. What would it look like?
My garden will look very beautiful.
It will have several flowers- roses, marigolds, sunflowers, hibiscus, dahlias, pansies, jasmines, etc.
It will have trees laden with fruits- apples, mangoes, guavas, pomegranates, etc.
It will be very clean and full of greenery.
What would you like to grow in your garden? Write three sentences giving the names of the flowers that you might like to grow in your garden.
1. In my garden I would like to grow ________________________.
2. In my garden I would like to grow ________________________.
3. In my garden I would like to grow ________________________.
1. In my garden I would like to grow roses.
2. In my garden I would like to grow sunflowers.
3. In my garden I would like to grow daisies.