Curlylocks and the Three Bears
My sister’s hair is soft and curly.
Read the line by yourself.
When I am hungry, I eat a lot.
Read the line by yourself.
Reading is fun
Who lived in the cottage in the forest?
A Bear family lived in a cottage in the forest.
What did Curlylocks see on the table?
Curlylocks saw three bowls of porridge on the table. The big bowl was for Papa Bear, the middle size bowl for Mama Bear and a tiny little bowl for Baby Bear.
Why did she eat up all the porridge from Baby Bear’s bowl?
Curlylocks was very hungry. She ate all the porridge from from Baby Bear’s bowl as it was neither too hot nor too cold, just right for her.
Whose bed did Curlylocks sleep in and why?
Curlylocks slept in the tiny little bed which was perfect for her as it was neither very hard nor too soft.
Have you ever seen a forest? What did you see there?
Yes, I have seen a forest before with many trees and a river bank.
There is a plate of sweets lying on the table. You want to eat some sweets. What will you do?
I will pick up a few sweets from the plate and eat them.
Name a few things that you eat from a bowl. What do you call a bowl in your language?
We can eat food like sweets or fruits from a bowl.
For the second part of the question, do it yourself.
Pretend that you are Curlylocks. Tell your friends what happened to you when you went into the Bears’ cottage. You can say the story first in your own language and then in English. Begin like this–
I am Curlylocks. I have curly hair. One day I…
Do it yourself in your own language.
Activity to be done by yourself.
The word curly and hungry tells us about Curlylocks. Can you find some more words which describe The Bears and form them into sentences of your own.
Strong: My father is a strong man.
Huge: The elephant is a huge animal.
Hairy: The bear is a hairy animal.
Heavy: The box kept in the corner is very heavy.
Furry: My cat, Dolly is very furry.
Black: I have a teddy bear which is black in colour.
Gruff voice: Mr. Smith spoke to his son in a gruff voice.
Mischievous: Tony is a mischievous boy.
Fat: My uncle Tom is very fat.
Big: A giraffe has a big and long neck.
Write five lines on ‘My Family’.
My family consists of my parents, younger sister, myself and our dog.
Both my parents are working professionals.
My sister and I study in the same school.
We have a sweet little dog who is very obedient.
I love my family very much.
Let’s listen and enjoy
- A sailor went to sea, sea, sea.
- To see what he could see, see, see.
- But all that he could see, see, see,
- Was the bottom of the deep blue sea, sea, sea.
- Make sentences with sea and see, tail and tale.
- Sea: A ship is sailing in the vast sea.
- See: I can see my house from my school terrace.
- Tail: A monkey has a long curly tail.
- Tale: My mother reads out a fairy tale to me at bedtime every night.
The Bear family went for a walk before dinner. Somebody came in. Look at what they did!
Observe the image and try to figure out yourself what went wrong in it.
Write about all the things kept in the wrong places.
- A ball ________ Papa Bear’s plate.
- A flower ________ Mama Bear’s plate.
- A plant _________ Baby Bear’s chair.
- A ball on Papa Bear’s plate.
- A flower on Mama Bear’s plate.
- A plant under Baby Bear’s chair.
What else do you see in the picture?
- There is a rat in the fruit basket.
- There is a shoe inside the water jug.
- There is a cat sitting on Little Bear’s chair.
- The curtain is tied with a ribbon.