READING IS FUN
Fill in the blanks with the words given in the brackets – (sail, bark, sing, play, ring)
- Boats ___________
- Dogs ___________
- Children ____________
- Bells ___________
- Birds ______________
- Boats sail
- Dogs bark
- Children play
- Bells ring
- Birds sing
Write the names of the days of the week. You can begin with Sunday.
Haldi wrote her name at school in this way – ‘haldi’. She made one mistake. What was it?
- Write her name correctly.___________
- Now write your name correctly.___________
The name should begin with a capital letter.
- Write her name correctly. Haldi
- Now write your name correctly. Aayushma
Haldi wrote — i met a giraffe.
She made two mistakes. What are they? Write Haldi’s sentence correctly.
The word “I” is always written in capital letter. Also, it is the beginning of the sentence, thus should be in capital letter.
I met a giraffe.
What do you do before going to school? Put ‘Y’ for yes and ‘N’ for no.
Fill in the blanks with ‘before’ or ‘after’.
- _________ eating food, I wash my hands.
- _________ reaching school, I sit in class.
- _________ eating food, I wash my mouth.
- _________ reaching home, I do my homework.
- Before eating food, I wash my hands.
- After reaching school, I sit in class.
- After eating food, I wash my mouth.
- After reaching home, I do my homework.
What is the sound of your school bell?
Can you make sounds of different bells that you have heard?
The student has to do as directed.
Different bells make different sounds. Try and make the sound of a –
- Phone bell
- Door bell
- Cow bell
- Horse bell
- Bus bell
- Phone bell – Tring-Tring
- Doorbell – Ting-tong
- Cow bell – Tin-tin
- Horse bell – Tan-tan
- Bus bell – Tan-tan
Write the first letter of each picture given in the box.
What have you spelt?