Text Book Page No. 23
For ten days note down weather report from a local newspaper and observe the changes occurring in the weather.
Students do themselves.
Exercise Questions and Answers
Answer the following questions.
(1) What is atmosphere ?
A huge blanket of air by which our earth is surrounded called atmosphere.
(2) Which two gases make the bulk of atmosphere ?
(3) Which gas creates green house effect in atmosphere ?
(4) What is weather ?
Weather is hour-to-hour, day to day condition of the atmosphere.
(5) Name three types of rainfall.
- The convectional rainfall
- The orographic rainfall and
- The cyclonic rainfall
(6) What is air pressure ?
Air pressure is defined as the pressure exerted by the weight of air on the earth’s surface. .
Tick the correct answer
(1) Which of the following gases protects us from, harmful sun rays ?
(a) Carbon dioxide
(2) The most important layer of atmosphere is
(3) Which of the following layers of atmosphere is free from clouds ?
(4) As we go up the layers of the atmosphere, the pressure
(c) Remain same
(5) When precipitation comes down to the earth in the liquid form, it is called
Match the following :
|winds Loo||Horizontal movement of air|
|winds Loo||Local wind|
|Wind||Horizontal movement of air|
(1) Wet clothes take longer time to dry on a humid day ?
Because on a humid day, there is more water in air than a sunny day. So, air can soak less water from wet clothes, i.e. rate of evaporation decreases.
(2) Amount of insolation decreases from equator towards poles ?
Because sun rays fall vertical on the equator while slanting on the poles.
(1) Solve this crossword puzzle with the help of given clues (on page 28) :
(2) Make a weather calendar for one week. Use pictures or symbols to show different types of weather. You can use more than one symbol in a day, if the weather changes. For example, the sun comes out when rain stops. An example is given below: