You have to interview an archaeologist. Prepare a list of five questions that you would like to ask her /him.
- You have to interview an archaeologist. Prepare a list of five questions that you would like to ask her /him.
- What is archeology?
- What are different branches of archeology?
- What does archeologist do?
- What is the importance of Archeology?
- If an archeologist has to find out the time period of any finding what is the process or method.
Match the following:
Narmada Valley The first big kingdom
Magadha Hunting and gathering
Garo hills Cities about 2500 years ago
Indus and its tributaries Early agriculture
Ganga Valley The first cities
Narmada Valley Hunting and gathering
Magadha The first big kingdom
Garo hills Early agriculture
Indus and its tributaries The first cities
Ganga Valley Cities about 2500 years ago
List one major difference between manuscripts and inscriptions.
Manuscripts: They were written by hand (this comes from the Latin word ‘manu’, meaning hand). These were usually written on palm leaf, or on the specially prepared bark of a tree known as the birch, which grows in the Himalayas.
Inscriptions: These are writings on relatively hard surfaces such as stone or metal.
Return to Rasheeda’s question. Can you think of some answers to it?
How anyone can know what has happened One Hundred Years Ago.
We can get the answers by:
- Reading the books written in past.
- By manuscripts
- By inscriptions
- By tools & weapons
Make a list of all the objects that archaeologists may find. Which of these could be made of stone?
Archaeologists may find these things in their findings:
Out of these Potteries, statues and Ornaments can be made up of stones.
Why do you think ordinary men and women did not generally keep records of what they did?
Ordinary Men and Women did not keep record of what they did because of two reasons:
- Their life was full of difficulties.
- They would not be having enough time of recording their lives.
Describe at least two ways in which you think the lives of kings would have been different from those of farmers.